Our November issue features a beautifully illustrated article on La Reserva Orquídeas in Colombia; the orchid reserve created by the Sociedad Colombiana de Orquideologia (Colombian Orchid Society) for the preservation of cloud forest orchid habitat and partially supported by a grant from the Conservation Committee of the AOS. This issue also features an article on Phalaenopsis malipoensis and its hybrids for the miniature-lovers among us; another installment of Stig Dalström's series on the Orchids of Bhutan and, although you might not think of Alaska as orchid habitat, Dr. Benjamin Crain presents a beautiful article on the orchids of the Yukon River Camp and Crossing Contact Station.
Also in this issue
- A Not Too Hidden Oasis for Orchids in Alaska
- For the Novice - Silicon Supplements
- Judges' Corner - Judging Tiny Flowers
- La Reserva Orquideas - Protecting the Cloud Forest of the Northern Colombian Andes
- Lindleyana - Neottia biflora (Raf.) Baumbach (Orchidacea) on the Campus of Francis Marion University
- New Rufugium Botanicum - Cymbidium ensifolium f. misericors
- Orchids Illustated - Guarianthe
- Orchids of Bhutan - Biermannia
- Orchids of the World - Amazon Spheres
- Parting Shot - Bulbophyllum macranthum; How to Grow a Specimen-Size Plant!
- Phalaenopsis Malipoensis and its Hybrids - A Jewel of the Genus
- Spotlight - Orchids in Watercolor: Cattleya Tropical Pointer
- Tom's Monthly Checklist - November: The Month of Gathering
- Useful Tips - Fertilizer Baskets