Clare Hermans and Johan Hermans treat us to another of their excellent articles on the history and orchids of Madagascar with In the Footsteps of Dr. Fox. Joseph Tregelles Fox, Medical Missionary and his Orchid Discoveries in Madagascar in which they retrace some of Fox's journeys on the island. Rudolf Jenny presents Psychopsielle limminghei and its relationship to Count Alfred Marie Antoine van den Berghe de Limminghe. This stunning miniature deserves to be grown in more of our collections. Confused by Phragmipedium dalessandroi and Phragmipedium besseae? Cannot tell them apart? Olaff Gruss presents a detailed comparison and rounding out this month's features Larry Sexton introduces us to the culture of Platystele. Want to try growing something different? Perhaps platysteles are just what the doctor ordered.
Also in this issue
- Collector's Item - Introducing Bulbophyllum section Intervallatae
- Conservation Committee - New Conservation Grants on Madagascar
- In The Footsteps of Dr. Fox - Joseph Tregelles Fox, Medical Missionary and his Orchid Discoveries in Madagascar
- Judges' Corner - What is a clade anyway?
- Lindleyana - Cypripedium montanum
- New Rufugium Botanicum - Pleurothallis luna-crescens
- Orchids Illustrated - Thelymitra
- Orchids of the World - Into Africa, Part 5: Mauritius and its Orchid Wonders
- Phragmipedium Dalessandroi - A Somewhat Controversial Species of the Genus Phragmipedium
- Platystele - Try Growing Something Different
- Psychopsiella Limminghei - Count Alfred Marie Antoine van den Berghe de Limminghe
- Spotlight - Orchids in Watercolor: Cypripedium candidum
- Tom's Monthly Checklist - September: The Month of Indigenuity